15 April 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS April Cool Shades challenge {post1}

Hello, friends:}

**After 9amEST--please click HERE or scroll up/down for my Mama Elephant highlight post! 

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The third week of the month is always a Cool Shades challenge.  




This week we are inspired by the following color story "Oceanside"
Teal, Periwinkle, Kiwi, Kraft

I was rushed for time-- the past month has been SUPER busy for us-- and so I pulled a CASE design from Nina Ostermann's layout! I just love the design of the four papers with the little birdie!!! I also love how each paper has it's own style {distress, stapled, stitched, plain}. FUN! I used a mixture of Crate Paper {Pretty Party}, Echo Park {This & That}, and My Mind's Eye {On the Bright Side} papers. I also mixed and matched four Paper Smooches stamp sets including A Magical Spring, Circle of Honor, Hang Ups, and My Peeps. LOOOOOOOVE! I was going to try and make this a baby card... with a little egg in a nest and birdies holding a banner.... but like I said earlier-- I was running a bit late:)
Ok... so my periwinkle doesn't really look periwinkle in the pic! It looks more like I used light blue....not the easiest color for me to match:) Plus, I noticed that I went with a muted color story than bright. OOPS! I guess that's what I get for completing this in 2 hours (including two blog posts, photos, and creating the card!)!!! LOL!
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends April 21st. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps. 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Adorable!! Love your card, Savannah!

Lynn said...

This is absolutely adorable Sav. I love the way you layered the squares of paper and the touch of stitching.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! Adorable!! I loveeeeeeee the grid design and the little birdie!!!!

Christina's Creations said...

1. The entire card idea is just adorable.

2. I love the stitching! Great little detail.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card, love that little birdy and the wonky grid he is on.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Fun color combo, challenging (well to me it would be, hi hi :) but FUN! And love your card with it, perfect with the pretty Tweety!! I love tweeting birds, but since it has become more springlike temperatures here, there is a group of birds that are tweeting me awake at 5.30 am.... Oef!! :D
Hugs, Wendy

Samantha Mann said...

aw!! i think this card is GORGEOUS!!!!! i just LOVE the combination of patterned paper and that little bird is SOOOO sweet!!!! it totally inspired me to play along!! absolutely adorable!! and no way it all took 2 hours from start to finish!!! you're amazing!

Lisa Arana said...

YOU absolutely are AMAZING! LOVE the different squares and that little tweety bird.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your offset grid design, Savannah, and that little birdie is darling!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is so cute, love all the patterned papers you used!

The Paper Parade said...

Sav, this card is so sweet! I love how you used the blocks of patterned paper to show off the colors, and the placement of the bird on the branch is perfect!