22 May 2012

Math Game using Avocado Arts images {post1}

Hello, friends:}


**Please click HERE for my RCC#54 challenge post. 

Today the Avocado Arts Pit Crew have created some amazing projects to share with you! We all used the AA May stamp set, Thoughts and Smiles Be sure to stop by the AA blog for more information and LOTS more inspiration!

I made a children's game for today's project. I used some of my Basic Grey PB & J papers for my number pieces and the box to hold the instructions/etc {available HERE from StopandScrap}. I stamped that little Avocado Arts ladybug image about 80 times! I laminated everything and cut it out. I love that you can use these AA images for just about anything! 



**My advice for making these ladybug game pieces-- print off a paper with 1" squares, stamp images and spray with Workable Fixatif, color each image and spray again, laminate, and then cut out. Spraying this image with the fixatif each time prevents any smearing! 
Here's the game packaged up in a white sheer bag. It's perfect for my little friends:)

I made this game for some of my little friends! They loooooooooove Math, and I knew this would help them with their operations and counting. I took some pictures of them playing with their new game. 














Game ideas for ages 2-4: The kids could count the ladybug pieces to match the number that they've drawn from the game pack. 
Game ideas for ages 4+: There are several Math operations printed on the game pieces. Have the kids pick out one operation and two numbers. Ask the kids to match up the ladybugs for each number and then figure out the math problem. {6+4= 10}
Ilana has also matched up ladybugs for her answer:) Toooooo cute! 
I couldn't resist sharing this pic! These are the cutest kids ever:) 

That's it for me today! Be sure to stop by the AA blog for more details and inspiration. And don't forget to check out my other teammates' blogs! You are going to love what they share today!!!! 


And if you have time--check out Avocado Arts on FacebookTwitterPinterest, and Flickr

Thanks so much for stopping by! Many blessings!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Natalie said...

That's a great math project, Savannah! Perfect for tutoring and helping them with their math concepts! Love the idea, so creative and cute, too!

Jay Gee said...

What a fantastic idea - there are so many possibilities with this :)

itsallrosi said...

these are great projects for kids!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! You have the BEST kid ideas! Now you just have to have one. Ha ha, I'm sure you get that from your family ALLL the time. Seriously though, what a fun game!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such a cute idea! And I love your packaging!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Ohmygosh! This is too cute! What a fun project Sav!

Lalo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! The project and those photos of them cute kids!!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

cute! It must have taken you a loooong time to stamp all those ladybugs!

sharon g said...

How great. Thanks for the idea. I teach crafts to kids at Pottery Barn Kids, and like to have them make useful projects. They will love this.

Sue Lelli said...

What a GREAT game and I really enjoyed the pics of those two cuties!

Lisa Arana said...

you are amazing. i can't get over it. everytime i think you can't do anything more brilliant, you do. LOVE everything you make my dear and your creative mind is genius. :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious! I've spent hours and hours and hours making games just like this, for my students, when I was teaching! I've got boxes full! So, this little project, not to mention those darling faces, puts the BIGGEST smile on my face! LOVE!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea Savannah!! I know my children would love a fun and cute game like that!! So fun! :)